Nothing feels better than a relaxed soul in a healthy body. Unfortunately, this idyllic state is not something we can obtain very often due to the everyday stress factors. However, from time to time we indulge ourselves a reward such as going to a spa or to a natural healing center and one of the most appreciated forms of alternative medicine is aromatherapy.
The official definition for this cure, given by The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, is the following: “the therapeutic application or the medicinal use of aromatic substances (essential oils) for holistic healing.”
You may probably wonder how can essential oils work on both body and spirit. So, this is what we will talk about in this article. We will explain the benefits of aromatherapy, we will describe how candles play a very important role in this process and we will also present some of the best taper products you can buy to create a spa atmosphere at home every time you need some relaxation.
Best Aromatherapy Candles – A Complete Guide
The advantages of aromatherapy
Just as all alternative medicines, aromatherapy cannot heal major health problems but it can be used as an adjuvant along with conventional cures. Some of the diseases aromatherapy proved to ameliorate are:
- Muscular Aches;
- Circulatory problems;
- Menstrual pains;
The best advice regarding the aromatherapy treatment is not to decide on your own what kind of oil you need. Just as any medication, this one as well can make things worse if not used right. You need to visit a specialist that will take in consideration your medical history and will recommend a single oil or a mix. As you can guess, each type of pomade has a different utilization, so it is very important to use the correct extract.
It can be used as a topic antiseptic for light cuts or burns. It is also recommended for sleep difficulties because lavender is has a great relaxation effect. Essential oil made from yarrow extract has an anti-inflammatory effect and is used as a topic for joints; inhaled can improve the health of people suffering from cold or flu.
It is a great nasal decongestant, so it is very useful for colds and flu. However, it can provoke allergies, so it shouldn’t be taken without prior tests.
It is mostly a topic that is good for multiple skin issues; also, mosquitoes hate it.
It is not only a great aromatic plant but also a source of essential oil that may improve the memory, help in the muscles’ spasm prevention. It can also help in issues that are related to the nervous or circulatory systems.
Thyme essential oil
It is known to have an effect on improving nervous issues such as stress or fatigue.
It may help in health issues regarding the urinary and digestive systems. It can be used in a mix with eucalyptus essential oil to relieve the itching caused by chickenpox.
This special flavor is used to reduce blood pressure and to relax during stressful times. It has also been shown that clary sage helps amp up memory and attention.
It is a wake-up booster. Researches have shown that using peppermint makes people more alert and can also improve their memory. Peppermint oils reduce fatigue and chocolate cravings.
The orange essential oil
It is used to decrease anxiety. Whenever you have a very stressful moment, it is said that the orange extract may help in the fight with anxiety and also with PTSD.
This gourmet scent can boost the focus increases the concentration and can reduce frustration.
The fresh smell of lemon
It can enhance the mood. Researchers discovered that lemon has even more good effects in improving the mood than the lavender oil. It eases stress and anxiety.
Lemongrass essential oil
It slashes the anxiety and tension. People who used to be exposed to the lemongrass oil observed a great recovery from anxiety and tension. This scent is also good for keeping insects away
It is widely famous for its incredible smell. It is also popular for its mood-lifting properties. Patchouli helps on relieving anxiety, curb addiction, depression and also reduce cellulite and bloating.
Read also here brand review on Our Own Candle Company.
Best aromatherapy candles to take home
The market is full of candle options to help you relax and also aromatize the rooms. The combination of flavors is very generous, but in the end, everybody is interested in the most qualitative products.
So, which is the best wax when it comes to aromatherapy candles? And which brand offers the best offer-price report?
- Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy EUCALYPTUS SPEARMINT Scented Candle 14.5...
- Exclusive blend of vegetable wax and wicks that won't burn out
- Burns approximately 25 - 45 hours and measures 4" wide x 3 1/2" tall
Bath & Body Works Stress Relief Candle
Bath & Body Works is an American retailer, world-wide famous for its best home fragrances, gifts, body & bath products.
Their candles are made of good quality ingredients so that they offer great flavors, adapted to the state of mind everyone is looking for. The Eucalyptus candle has a more than divine smell, while the spearmint has powerful properties on the process of relaxation.
Pros & Cons of Bath & Body Works Stress Relief Candle
- The candle has special wicks that won’t burn out
- The candle burns approximately 25-45 hours and has 3 wicks for a much more relaxing scent
- The glass packaging can be then reused
- The smell might be too strong for those who are sensitive to minty scents
What kind of wax is this Eucalyptus Spearmint candle made of?
The 3-Wick Candle is made of an exclusive blend of soy-based wax and 3 wicks that won’t burn out.
Are there any natural oils in the candle’s composition?
The candle is made of wax, eucalyptus, and spearmint essential oils.
Is the smell going away while the candle burns?
No, the fragrance will be as strong as at the first burning.
- For any Season, For any Reason - A sweet minty eucalyptus, our classic...
- HANDMADE IN THE USA - with Soy Wax and Cotton Core Wicks. Each candle is...
- ECO-FRIENDLY - Wax & Oil candles are free from any harmful chemicals or...
Wax & Oils Aromatherapy, 3 pack of handmade Scented Candles
The Wax & Oils pack of 3 candles contains 100% soy-based candles, with calming, subtle scents of vanilla, lavender and Peppermint Eucalyptus. Despite the one of a kind flavours, these candles are perfect as a gift, and they can be used during all seasons.
The handmade candles from Wax & Oils differ from other products from the market due to:
- High-quality soy wax
- Safeness in fashioning each candle
- Lower melting point
- Pure essential oils in the composition of each candle
Pros & Cons of Wax & Oils Aromatherapy, 3 pack of handmade Scented Candles
- They are eco-friendly and free of any chemicals
- Each candle is hand poured with only premium Wax & Oils
- The scents of the candles have a calming effect on the entire nervous system, which provides relief from anxiety and restlessness.
- They are a little pricey compared to other items
How much does a Wax & Oils candle burn?
Each candle has a lower melting point and the burn lasts more than 20 hours.
What are the candles made of?
The 3 candles are handmade in the USA and contain 100% soy wax and Cotton Core Wicks.
Are the candles harmful to health?
These candles do not contain paraffin, petroleum or any animal or beeswax products. The products are free of chemicals or additives. They contain NO pesticides, NO herbicides, and NO genetically modified materials.
Can I reuse the packaging?
The packaging is 100% recyclable and the foam inserts are made of 65% recycled ingredients.
- as always each and every item you purchase with this one ships for only...
Bath and Body Works Delicious Vanilla Patchouli Candle
The Bath and Body Works candles are popular for their gourmet flavors. While the packaging might vary from candle to candle, one thing is for sure. The wax is high quality, the burning time is very long and the smell is unique.
Pros & Cons of Bath and Body Works Delicious Vanilla Patchouli Candle
- The candle has 3 wicks, which allows the wax to melt uniformly
- The comfort Vanilla Patchouli is a perfect scent for aromatherapy. Vanilla comes with a hint of sweetness, easy to recognize. The combination of Vanilla with Patchouli is fresh and sweet, a very comfy aroma to add in the meditation space.
- The package may vary, so it is a little disturbing to receive another product from the image
Does the candle have a glass package?
Yes, most of the Bath and Body Works candles come in a nice, recyclable glass package.
Is it Vanilla Patchouli a suitable flavor for aromatherapy?
It is a perfect scent, especially for those who are looking for a candle to accompany the ritual of meditation.
How much should the candle burn for a strong scent?
If you want the scent to fill the home’s air, let the candle burn at least 30 minutes.
- [100% Natural Soy Candle] – Made of biodegradable and eco-friendly soy...
- [Long-Lasting Burning] – Each scented candle is 8.8oz with an average...
- [Quality Scent] – This aromatherapy candle has a pleasant and natural...
TQQFUN Premium Scented Candles
The TQQFUN scented candles are part of a premium range of products, specially created to be central elements of the aromatherapy process. The 100% natural Soy Candles are eco-friendly and have a quality scent. The smell is natural, so it provides aromatherapy and the perfect mood for relaxation. More than that, the candles from TQQFUN Premium are a very good idea of a gift, due to the elegant candle jar.
Pros & Cons of TQQFUN Premium Scented Candles
- The candle has an average burning time of 45-50 hours;
- The products are made of biodegradable and eco-friendly soy wax, meaning a clean-burning with no black smoke experience;
- The candles are hand poured wax, infused with essential oils for a high fragrance Aroma;
- Being a premium product, the candle might be a little pricey compared to other products
Tips in using the premium candle:
- When burning the candle, keep it out of the reach of children and pets
- Never place the candle in the proximity of something that can catch fire
- The candle should stay on a heat resistant surface, as it might get hot during the slow-burning
- Burn the candle no more than two hours each time
- Before lighting the candle, remove all the matches and plastic packages
- Try to cut the wick to 1/4” prior to lighting. It’s better not to allow wick trimmings to accumulate in the wax pool.
Do the soy wax candles have a disturbing scent?
The soy candles have a really natural scent, clean and fresh, so they won’t affect the candle’s flavor at all.
Is it ok to burn the candle if we have very young children?
The candle is suitable for all ages.
Does the product have any warranty?
The TQQFUN products are 365 free warranty and refund within 30 days. If you have any problems with the product, the TQQFUN team has a 24h friendly customer service and also email support.
- SUPERIOR INGREDIENTS – SMALL BATCH CRAFTED: FOR OVER 30 YEARS we've...
- BURN 8 TIMES LONGER – INCREDIBLE VALUE: While most soy candles burn out...
- AMAZING HOUSEWARMING & MEDITATION GIFTS – EVERY NON TOXIC CANDLES SET...
Way Out West Aromatherapy Candles Stress Relief
The Way Out West set of 2 candles are the perfect combo for a relaxing experience. Both Mason jars can be used as delicious smelling decorations but also as accessories in the aromatherapy process. The candles have Eucalyptus, Spearmint & Rosemary scents, while the second candle has pure lavender essential oil in the composition. Both of the products work as a natural stress reliever and can be used at any time in a day.
Pros & Cons of Way Out West Aromatherapy Candles Stress Relief
- The candles are a great gift for someone who loves to practice aromatherapy. The set comes with 2-8 ounce jar candles, that offer 80+ hours of scenting the spaces. Also, you get as a bonus a wick dipper accessory, for smoke-free extinguishing.
- The candles are high-quality products and contain all natural essential oils, for a stronger perfume
- The candles have very nice decorations, so they can easily transform in design accessories
- The company has a TRUSTED certificate so you can be sure that you will get the best products
- Not all the candles are created equally and that’s the beauty of them. What stays the same is the quality of them and the strong scent after burning.
Do the candles come packed?
Yes, they will arrive at your home in a nice sturdy box so you will be sure that the products will come all safe. Due to the nice package, the jar candles can be a special gift for someone you love.
Which are the suited spaces to burn the Way Out West Candles?
The Way West candles have the perfect fragrance to suit any space, whether it is a formal one or the intimacy of your home. Indulge yourself with these nice scented candles.
How many ozs does a candle have?
Each jar has 14 oz, including the Mason Jar.
- Approximate burn time of 50 hours
- The soft colored frosted jar candles allow the light of the flame to shine...
- Made from a natural soy wax blend and feature self-trimming wicks
The Chesapeake Bay Scented Candle
The Mind & Body Collection candles contain a natural elixir of tropical water lily and fresh floral notes. The scents blend perfectly and create a sweet duo of pear and peach, perfect for those who are looking for a fresh home perfume. The candle is made by Chesapeake Bay Candle Company, which signature are the nature-inspired fragrances.
Pros & Cons of The Chesapeake Bay Scented Candle
- The candle has nice natural notes, such as apple, pear, bergamot, tropical fruits, jasmine, rose, coconut, and other subtle perfumes
- The candle also contains natural orange essential oils
- The approximate burn time is around 50 hours
- Although the candle is designed and poured in the USA, it is made of ingredients from all around the world
- The scent might be much subtle in comparison with other perfumed candles
What is the candle made of?
The candle is made from natural soy wax and features self-trimming wicks.
Does the candle suit for aromatherapy?
Even though it is a natural fragrance, the candle is perfect for those relaxing moments when you only want to let your emotions go to absolute relaxation.
How to Make Aromatherapy Candles at Home
How to enjoy Aromatherapy with candles at home?
Aromatherapy is an old, pure method to cure the body and the spirit. While most of the people practice aromatherapy using essential oils, candles are a great alternative to stress relief. More than their delicious scents, candles, with their romantic light, offer a special atmosphere to relax.
Aromatherapy with candles has very few or no side effects and can be used passively. This means you can burn 2 candles and enjoy their flavor while doing other activities in that room.
The aromatherapy with candles can be used complementary with other relaxing procedures, such as massage or meditation. Lighting a candle is probably one of the simplest and pleasant ways to scent up a room and get that feeling of floating above all the problems. The candles can also be used to create a more calming atmosphere and also be a focal point for meditating. The quality ones have great, lasting scents and combinations of perfumes specially created for aromatherapy.
The fragrance from candles have an uplifting effect on the mind and body and their natural essences improve the overall wellbeing.
You may also read here the reasons why do candles burn black.