When it comes to spicing things up in a couple, temperature play is an idea to take into account. Considered slightly advanced, this type of kinky practice is using heated wax. The melted wax is dropped on the skin as a way of excitement and arousal. However sensual and erotic the wax might look for some people, it requires a lot of practice, as well as a special wax to use.
More than the amazingly intense feeling, playing with wax is a form of communication and understanding. As soothing as a massage, wax play can be also shocking as a strike. So it’s mandatory to know how to practice it without causing any hurting. Since it involves a flame, there are some risks involved.
How can you enjoy the pleasures of playing with wax? How to avoid the potential drawbacks of this practice? Here are the looks over this kinky fun with a special candle.
Best Candles for Wax Play
The guide on navigating the heated temperatures
What is the wax play?
Wax play is a BDSM game, which implies pouring hot wax on the other partner. Kinksters, the ones who prefer to always spice things up, use wax play as a form of foreplay. It’s practically a teasing sensation and a twist of submissive. “Massage candles engage so many senses all at once”, says Sunny Rodgers, a clinical sexologist.
He also highlights that using candles in the romantic moments involves many senses all at once: “The atmospheric contribution of candle create a sensual environment, and the addition of the heat on the skin creates a bearable edge of pain.”
You may also read here the different types of wax you can use to make a candle.
Whether it should be fun, remember that this playing involves fire. This is why it is very important to pay attention to your safety. If you have anything alight in your play space – it doesn’t matter it is only something decorative – you must be very careful. All it takes is a careless backhand and that lovely candle and the special moment to ruin everything.
So, for more safety, think about the flame mantra: always having a fire extinguisher handy is a must. Then take care that space is clean and uncluttered and there are no silk scarves, tissues, decorative tassels around the burning candle. They are very inflammable and you don’t want to ruin a sexy moment.
What to expect to feel during wax play?
Experts in kinky playing said that first playing with wax might create a shock, even an instant reaction because of the high expectations and high physical response. “Certain parts of the body can cause arousal. There are quite a few different methods of application and each has its own sensation—drips that roll down the body for instance.”
Obviously, the first feeling will be heat and a little burn. For the submissive, a burst of brief pain will occur, but it will take just 1-2 seconds, as everything is cooling down immediately. For the sub, they will feel an obvious hot sensation, but, in the end, people will see that using wax is very subtle and low key.
Test the drip of wax before anything else
More than everything, wax play should be safe and cute. This is why it is better to ensure everything is ok and under control. Before starting the play, you should check the drip “on yourself rather than someone else first,” because you shouldn’t do to others what you wouldn’t do to yourself. More than that, it helps the dominant know what he or she is will do to the partner and how she or he will possibly feel.
And remember that as further as you keep the drop of the skin, the safer it will be for everyone. It is also very important when you test the wax for the first time to never splash any wax on the face on the eyes. Also, keep in mind to never pour wax on an open wound or near any genitalia.
How can you play with wax?
Before starting playing with wax, it’s important to stay educated about the partner’s pain tolerance, as well as any accidents that might occur during the session of wax play.
First of all, is important not to play all alone, because, in case of an accident, you would panic. If everything bad happens, stop what you are doing and don’t stress, because of this state will only add fuel to the fire.” Discussing the situation with your partner and keeping them calm is one of the most important for the dominant.
Basic Techniques in playing with wax
There is no science in playing with wax, but you should know the following:
- Before beginning to drip, ask the submissive to lie down on a plastic sheet, so you avoid ruining the sheets. In time, you will know exactly how to pour the wax not to make dirt around.
- Make sure that all the areas around are not flammable and that the partner can catch alight
- Massage the submissive with oil or lotion, in order to create a soft layer on the skin. This way you will be able to remove the wax more easily
- When ready, drip a small amount on the selected area of your bottom and make sure it feels ok
- You can decrease the distance from the candle to the body so the intensity of the feelings will be different
Best Candles for Wax Play
If you are looking to buy some special candles to use for wax play, it is important to choose quality. In order to make a good decision, here are some of the best products on the market to consider:
- 12 pcs Unscented 12" Taper Candle
- Burn time- Up to 12 hours
- 100% Cotton Wick, 100% Paraffin Wax
12 pcs Mega Candles, 100% unscented paraffin wax
Mega Candles are proposing some good quality candles to use for rituals, wax play, and other casting chimes. These candles are made from 100% paraffin wax and are hand poured. Their colors are very varied so you can use your imagination when playing with them.
Pros & Cons of 12 pcs Mega Candles, 100% unscented paraffin wax
- There are 12 pcs of 12″ Taper Candle, so they should last a long time
- The burning time of these candles is around 12 hours
- The wicks of these candles are made of 100% cotton
- The candles don’t come with safety support
This is it safe to use these candles in wax play?
The Mega Candles are made of 100% paraffin wax, which is agreed to be used in such activities and causes no harm.
Do the candles have any specific smell?
No, these candles have no scent and no perfume.
How much do they measure?
The Hand-Poured Wax Candles are 12″ x 7/8″.
- MANFLY Low Temperature Candle made by high quality beauty wax. It is...
- Candle burning temperature for about 52 degrees centigrade, absolutely will...
- Warm candlelight will create a warm and romantic atmosphere.
3 pcs Manfly Romantic Candles, low-temperature burning and warm candlelight
The 3 Manfly candles are perfect when it comes to wax play. This is due to their high-quality wax that is proven to be safe to your body. The candles have a very natural fragrance while burning and their wax is very easy to clean.
Pros & Cons of 3 pcs Manfly Romantic Candles, low-temperature burning and warm candlelight
- The Manfly Candles have a low burning temperature for about 52 degrees centigrade. This means they will absolutely not burn the skin, just will give a hot sensation, suitable for kinky games
- The warm candlelight will create a very romantic atmosphere, perfect for special moments
- These candles are a little more pricey
Do these candles have a fragrance?
Their fragrance is natural and subtle.
Are the candles coming packed?
Yes, they come in exquisite packaging.
What if I don’t like these candles?
Luckily, Manfly offers 100% 60-day money back guarantee.
- 100% Brand new and high quality.
- Made of eco-friendly material, non-toxic for safe use.
- Low temperature candles, no harm to your skin.
Beautygrowing 3 pcs Romantic Candles
The Beautygrowing comes with a nice pack to spice things up. Their 3 pcs candles are perfect for romantic moments, as they are made of eco-friendly material, so are non-toxic for use. The pack contains an eye mask as well, for helping spice up the atmosphere between lovers and couples.
Pros & Cons of Beautygrowing 3 pcs Romantic Candles
- The candles are 100% Brand new and high-quality
- They burn at a very low temperature, so will cause no harm to the skin
- The eye mask that comes in the pack helps on creating a more romantic atmosphere
- Because of the transporters, it happened that the candles came a little broken
Is the wax hot when you drop it on the skin?
The candle is very low heat, so the wax gives a nice jolt of heat, but it cools and dries almost instantly.
Is it hard to clean the wax from the body?
Due to the eco-friendly material, the wax flakes off easily afterward.
What material is the eye mask?
The bondage rope is made of silk and feels really nice on the skin.
Wax Play Safety Tips
You may also check other articles like best candles for men.