When it comes to having eyes that stand out and make you feel sexy, beautiful and more confident, eye enhancing makeup is the primary go to. Having thick and luxurious lashes is what really adds that special final touch to any look. No matter the occasion, glam or casual, beautiful lashes will complete your desired look.
For ages, mascara has been used to amp up the appearance of eyelashes. Mascara is a common go to in most people’s beauty regime. False lashes are another popular way of enhancing your eyelashes. The most recent and hottest trend is to use eyelash extensions. Eyelash extensions are an easy way to enhance your natural eyelashes without using mascara or other products. Before you run and have eyelash extensions put on, there are a few things you should know.
How to Shower with Eyelash Extensions
Some lash stylists tell you to not shower or wet your lash extensions for 24 to 48 hours once they are applied. This wait time allows the adhesive used to completely bond with your natural lashes. Once the lash adhesive is completely dry, you are free to shower, go swimming or watch a tear-jerker movie accompanied by a box of tissues.
If you are still afraid to get your eyelash extensions wet, here are some tips.
- Wear goggles to the shower. As silly as that may sound, wearing goggles will help keep your extensions dry while allowing you to shower.
- If the idea of wearing goggles to the shower does not seem appealing, avoid direct contact between your extensions and the water from the shower. Don’t submerge your face in the shower stream. You can wash your face before or after your shower.
- When washing your face, use cotton pads with your favorite facial cleanser to remove makeup, dirt and oil. This will allow you to avoid getting your extensions wet.
- To remove eyeliner without wetting your extensions, you should use Q-Tips and a bit of an oil-free makeup remover. Gently swipe the Q-Tip along the eyeliner line and away from the lash extensions. Repeat until the makeup is removed.
Additional Tips and Tricks
- You can find special eyelash extension shampoos on the market that can be used a few times a week to keep your lashes clean. Be sure to read the directions of use for these shampoos.
- Remember to never rub your lashes when cleaning them. Rubbing your lashes will cause damage and break the bond between the extensions and your natural lashes which will result in shedding.
- Do not use cotton balls when cleaning your eyes while you are wearing lash extensions. Cotton balls tend to leave behind fuzzy pieces that can cause eye irritation or other issues.
- Avoid multiple streams of water, like the ones coming from shower jet panels or from high-pressure rain shower
- Do not use oil-based cleansers when cleaning your face or eyes when you have lash extensions.
- Finally, try to avoid waterproof mascara and eyeliner formulas. They are difficult to remove without rubbing.