There’s no shortage of choice available when it comes down to home blinds and shades. However, when you’re shopping for a blind for your bathroom window, you’ll need to make your choice with a little extra care. Pick a blind for your bathroom based on looks alone and it’s unlikely to last very long given the heat and high humidity found in your average bathroom.
An unsuitable blind could become a breeding ground for bacteria in the warm damp conditions, ending up covered with unsightly mold. This is not only potentially health-damaging it is also a waste of time, resources and money.
We’re here to help you to make the smart choice when it comes down to selecting the best blinds for your bathroom window. Whether its for a new home or a stylish new bathroom remodel, our handy guide and honest bathroom blind reviews will help you to find the ideal bathroom blind for your home, without compromising on your taste and personal preferences. You can also check here for additional information on how to clean plastic shower curtain and how to avoid dirt on it.
Product Reviews of Bathroom Curtain
Here’s a selection of some of the best bathroom blinds available. We’ve carefully reviewed them to help you take the guesswork out of choosing the best blinds for your bathroom window.
- READY MADE: Package includes 1 panel Tie Up Shade with 46" width x 63"...
- SERVE WELL: Tie up the shades to let in more natural light and enhance the...
- EASY ADJUST: Tie up shade(ties begin a little down the curtain but only...
Nicetown Blackout Bathroom Curtain
If your bathroom window is an irregular size and you’re having difficulty finding a blind or curtain to fit, then the Nicetown Blackout Bathroom Curtain could be just what you’re looking for. Adjustable in length thanks to its function and stylish ties, this bathroom curtain is 100% polyester. Polyester is fast drying, an essential quality for any bathroom item. It is also machine-washable for easy maintenance, so you don’t have to worry about spending time laboriously handwashing your curtain. It’s also easy to install, fitting all standard curtain rods and poles.
With its triple-weave, 200GSM polyester fabric, this bathroom curtain ensures your privacy. Simply untie for complete coverage of your window, or when you’re not taking a shower or bath, tie up the curtain for a maximum of natural light. Good looking with a nice sheen, this bathroom window curtain will complement any bathroom decor and its tie up design can be adapted as you please.
Tie it with bows for a pretty, feminine look, or in knots to complement a more modern decor with a touch of soft luxury. Just be aware that if you have a very small bathroom with a low down window, these curtains can be a little on the bulky side and you may prefer a flat-lying blind or curtain in this case.
Pros & Cons of Nicetown Blackout Bathroom Curtain
- Triple-weave 200GSM 100% polyester blackout curtain.
- Adjustable in length.
- Variable luminosity – tie up for more light, untie for privacy.
- Machine washable
- A little bulky for very small bathrooms.
- Foiresoft ❤️READY MADE❤️ Double Layered Basic Zebra Window Blinds....
- ⭐ FEATURES: Foiresoft Zebra blinds & shades are designed in a combination...
- ✔️ Measurement ✔️: For detailed instruction, please watch our video...
Winsharp Zebra Dual Roller Blinds
These 100% fast-drying polyester zebra blinds make a great choice if you want to keep your bathroom light while maintain your privacy. The dual blinds are layered with transparent and opaque sections and when you line them up you can have either a striped effect allowing plenty of light in, or you can roll the blinds round so that each opaque section is next to another for less light and maximum privacy. A quick and easy-to-use, ingenious design for your bathroom. Installation is thoroughly explained and is on a par with other blind setups.
One of the main advantages of this bathroom blind is that it can be cut to your custom size, so if your windows do not match any of the standard sizes, you can simply let the manufacturers know your desired width. They are also available in a wide variety of colors, so you are sure to find one to suit your bathroom decor. However, it’s worth noting that every color comes with a default ivory header which may bother you if it’s going to be on show, especially in darker-styled bathrooms.
Easy-to-use, simply pull the cord to adjust the length or to roll the blind around to alter the transparency level. As this blind uses cords, it is not suitable for homes with young children. If you have pets you may also want to steer clear of blinds with cords. Otherwise, a very stylish, highly customizable and practical blind that will smarten up any bathroom.
Pros & Cons of Winsharp Zebra Dual Roller Blinds
- Available in a range of colors and widths, including custom cut widths.
- 100% fast-drying polyester.
- Zebra blinds provide adjustable privacy while allowing sufficient daylight.
- Easy to adjust the length or transparency with pull cord.
- Default ivory header doesn’t match every color scheme.
- Not suitable for families with small children – strangulation hazard.
- CURRENT SIZE SELECTED: This deluxe roller shade will fit perfectly inside a...
- PRE-CUT: The width includes a Half Inch deduction (industry standard)
- The fabric is also shorter by an inch on both sides in order to accommodate...
Chicology Cordless Bathroom Blind
This light-filtering bathroom blind by Chicology is a great choice if you’re looking for a high-degree of privacy. Simple to use and stylish, the cordless design makes this bathroom blind suitable for any home, even if you have children and pets. Simply pull down to extend or roll up, the Free-Stop rolling mechanism makes this blind easy and quick to use.
Unlike other bathroom blinds, this roller blind features a durable aluminum cassette valence that is features a matching fabric face so you can be sure that your blind will blend in seamlessly without an unsightly different colored header. This blind mounts easily and is suitable for an inside or outside frame installation. Just be careful when ordering as the actual width stated differs from the size ordered. Be sure to fully read the manufacturer’s guidance to avoid disappointment and incorrect sizing.
This minimalist, high-quality roller blind will look great in your bathroom, providing you with extra privacy while allowing you to quickly and easily roll it up for natural light and airing your bathroom.
Pros & Cons of Chicology Cordless Bathroom Blind
- Cordless mechanism safe for homes with children and pets.
- Light filtering fabrics for privacy and daylight.
- Durable aluminium cassette valence with matching fabric face.
- Smooth and easy-to-use Free-Stop rolling mechanism.
- Actual width is smaller than ordered by default – read and measure carefully.
- 【Privacy Protection】This window film can creates the look of blinds,...
- 【Easy Application】You only need some clear water (soapy water would be...
- 【Reusable Static Cling】This window film is no-glue, easy to position...
Duofire Bathroom Window Sticker Blinds
If you’re looking for a cost effective and easy maintenance solution to covering your bathroom window, then these handy window sticker blinds by Duofire could be just what you need. Inexpensive and effective, simply cut the sticker to size for a perfect fit. Made from premium vinyl, these window stickers have been designed to withstand hot and steamy bathroom environments.
Not only do these window stickers ensure your complete privacy, they also block out UV rays which can overtime damage your bathroom decor. While it can take some time to remove all of the air bubbles during installation, these blind stickers are on the whole, easy to put up. They require only soapy water to adhere. A cleaning cloth, ruler and cutter are included with your purchase, making it easy for you to get exactly the right size that you need.
Inexpensive, low maintenance and easy to install, these window blind stickers make an ideal choice for all bathrooms. They are an especially good choice if you want to allow daylight in without compromising your privacy. If necessary you can peel them off and re-use, so you don’t have to worry if your first installation is less than perfect or if you wish to spring clean your windows.
Pros & Cons of Duofire Bathroom Window Sticker Blinds
- Made from high-quality vinyl that will withstand heat and steam.
- Simply cut to size to meet your exact measurements.
- Simple installation with soapy water, cutter, ruler and cleaning cloth included.
- Ensures full privacy and blocks UV rays.
- Can take some time to smooth out all of the air bubbles during installation.
- ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS: When selecting your size please choose your WIDTH...
- MATERIAL: Made of 100% Specialized PVC. Perfect for high-humidity,...
- EASY MEASURING INSTRUCTIONS: To ensure you receive the correct size blinds...
Luxr Blinds Horizontal Faux Wood Bathroom Blinds
If you like the look and feel of traditional blinds, then the Luxr horizontal bathroom blinds make an excellent choice for your bathroom. Just like traditional wooden slat blinds, you can extend the blind fully or hoist it up with the pull of a cord. You can use the second cord to adjust the angle of the slats to allow more or less light to enter and greater privacy. However, thanks to their 100% PVC construction, these high-quality blinds are perfect for use in the high humidity of your bathroom. Easy to maintain, simply wipe them clean when needed. Thanks to their moisture and dust-resistant construction, these blinds will require next to no cleaning to keep them looking great.
While the slat construction with pull cords is extremely practical and easy to use, if you have low windows and small children or pets, pull cords can be a strangulation hazard, so you would be better considering another style of blind. Easy to install, with all hardware provided, these blinds can also be custom cut by simply requesting your particular length from the manufacturer which makes them a great choice if you have irregular sized windows as can often be the case with bathrooms.
Variable luminosity, durability and easy maintenance make these PVC slat blinds an excellent choice for your bathroom. Their traditional good looks are sure to complement any style bathroom decor and will ensure your privacy 100%.
Pros & Cons of Luxr Blinds Horizontal Faux Wood Bathroom Blinds
- 100% PVC construction – ideal for humid bathroom conditions.
- Easy maintenance, moisture resistant and dust-repellent.
- Traditional slat design – adjust levels of luminosity and privacy.
- Easy to install and hardware and instructions are included.
- Not suitable for installation on low windows in homes with pets and children.
All you need to know about blinds for your bathroom window
Why do you need bathroom blinds?
Depending upon the location of your bathroom window, you’re most probably going to need bathroom blinds to ensure your privacy when bathing, dressing or taking a shower. However, as we also use our bathrooms for relaxing, beauty treatments and styling, there are also times when it helps to have more natural light than necessary for a quick morning wash before dashing out of the door.
Bathrooms are humid places, meaning you can’t use standard window coverings. You’ll probably also want access to open your bathroom window to aerate the room and to reduce moisture levels, even with a dedicated fan system. Bathroom blinds need to be able to tolerate high moisture levels, provide easy access to your widow for opening, allow enough natural light and to provide you with complete privacy.
For all of these reasons you need a blind that is specially created for use in the bathroom. Choose any normal window covering and you could soon find it starts to get moldy or in constant need of cleaning and drying. So, for your health and easy maintenance, it’s important to pick a blind for your bathroom that is truly suitable for bathrooms.
What are the different styles of bathroom blinds?
There are plenty of different styles of bathroom blinds available. From modern, sleek designs to more feminine, curtain styles and traditional slat designs. In general, most bathroom blinds will either provide you with complete window coverage or a coverage that can be varied to suit your required level of luminosity and privacy.
The main styles of bathroom blind that are available include: corded roller blinds, cordless roller blinds, tie-up curtain-style blinds, traditional horizontal-slat blinds, vertical-slat blinds and window stickers.
What are the best materials for bathroom blinds?
As bathrooms are rooms with high heat and humidity levels, your choice of bathroom blind material is essential to ensuring your bathroom blind longevity. It is important to choose materials that are water resistant. Many man-made fibers are an excellent choice as they tend to repel water and are fast drying. Polyester, PVC and many other plastic types make good bathroom blinds. Don’t forget to check that any fixtures and fittings are appropriately treated if they are not plastic, to prevent unsightly rusting.
Purchasing a bathroom blind that repels water and dries quickly will help to keep your bathroom mold free and ensure that your blinds will be unaffected by the high humidity levels for longer lasting blinds that won’t crack or stain.
How to choose the best blinds for your bathroom
What is the best type of bathroom blind?
There are several different types of bathroom blinds available, here’s some of the main types of bathroom blinds that you may like to consider before making your purchase, along with their main advantages and disadvantages.
Traditional horizontal slat blinds
- Can be quickly pulled up for easy window access.
- Angled slats allow varying levels of luminosity and privacy.
- Classic look that complements any bathroom décor.
- Wipe clean finish.
- Will need tools to install.
- Have to order custom sizes.
- Cords can be dangerous for small children and pets.
Roller blinds with cord
- Can be quickly rolled up for maximum luminosity and window access.
- Pulled down they provide full window coverage and 100% privacy.
- Cords can be dangerous for small children and pets.
- No choice of variable luminosity with privacy.
Cordless roller blinds
- No cord, so safe for installation in homes with children and pets.
- Provide full window coverage and privacy.
- Quick to roll up for window access and maximum luminosity.
- Cannot vary luminosity and privacy levels.
- Can be tied in various different ways for different styles.
- Polyester fabrics are fast drying.
- Can be tied up for greater luminosity or let down for full coverage and privacy.
- Easy to install with a standard curtain pole or rod.
- Machine washable.
- Can be too bulky in small bathrooms.
- Not suitable for high windows, to reach up to untie and retie.
- Time consuming tieing and retieng.
- Can be cut to size, perfect for any window even highly irregular sizes.
- Provide excellent privacy.
- Allow enough light to pass through for sufficient luminosity.
- Stop UV rays that fade and overheat your bathroom.
- Easy installation, no drilling required.
- Window remains easy to access and open.
- Can be taken down and reused.
- Available in a range of patterns and designs for varying degrees of luminosity and privacy.
- Time-consuming removing air bubbles when installing.
What’s best internal or external mounting?
In general, internal mounted blinds tend to give you the cleanest look. They fit within the window frame and should be chosen to complement your frame. They tend to let in slightly more light and greater care will need to be taken with measurements. Outside mounted blinds cover your entire window frame and tend to allow less light in around the edges.
When your window frame has enough depth to allow for internal mounting, then this is the best choice for a tidier looking finish. If your frames won’t allow for an internal mount due to obstructions or a lack of depth then you can simply external mount them. If you are having difficulty getting blinds to fit in exactly the right size then you may want to see if you can get them an inch or tow larger or smaller by changing the mount appropriately.
As to which mounting style is best, it all really comes down to your personal prefermce and your window frame design.
What’s the easiest blind to install?
If you’re not at all handy around the home, then the easiest bathroom blind to install by far is a window sticker blind. Simply cut to size, wet, stick and smooth. It can be time consuming getting it just right, but you don’t have to worry about drilling any holes or having any tools.
A close second is a tie-up curtain made from a fabric suitable for use in bathrooms. If you don’t want to drill, simple use an extendible curtain rod with suction cups for another tool-free bathroom blind installation. Curtains can also be slighlty bunched and cut and seamed if you’re having difficulty finding one to match your exact window size.
Other types of blinds mostly require you to fix the blind with screws and brackets. These are generally easy to fit and require no specialist skills although you will need a drill.
What’s the best bathroom blind for irregular shaped windows?
If you have highly irregular shaped bathroom windows, that are either very small or just an unusual shape, oval for example, your best bet may be to go for a window sticker that you can cut exactly to cover the entire pane.
For bathroom windows that are very wide, you may want to look for a vertical slat style type of blind that cover long widths or consider using two or more blinds juxtaposed. For extra long bathroom windows, you’ll could try ordering custom sized blinds, especially horizontal slat ones that can simply have extra slats added by the manufacturer. French door blinds may also be a good option, just make sure that they are made from a material suitable for the high humidity and heat of your bathroom.
Bathroom Window Ideas
Whether you’ve just moved house or have completed your bathroom, finding the right bathroom blind for your bathroom is a necessity. Ensuring your privacy while allowing for a light and airy ambiance is key to a good bathroom blind.
When you’ve found a type that works with your needs and space, be sure to purchase a bathroom blind that is designed specifically for high humidity. This will ensure its longevity and that you won’t get any unsightly and potentially health-damaging mold growing on your blinds.
See also our guide on choosing the best bath mats to avoid sliding.