Bath and Body Works is a household name when it comes to bath and body items and candles. There probably isn’t a household in the US that doesn’t have at least one product from this company. Since it was launched in 1990, the company has grown exponentially. They now have over 1600 stores in North America and almost 100 stores in different parts of the world.
Are you wondering what the are best Bath and Body Products for 2018? Wonder no more because we’ve taken the liberty to list down and review the top 7 best-selling B&BW products in today’s market! In this guide, you will find useful facts about this company, their product offerings, a list of their most popular scents, and many more!
Reviews of the Best Bath and Body Products for 2018
1. Aromatherapy Sleep: Best for Bedtime Pampering
- New Product Packaging may very of Blue or Brown Bottles for Body Lotion,...
- Body Wash and also Body Lotion, Lavender Essential Oil and Vanilla Absolute...
- This Fast Absorbing Body Lotion Conditions Skin with Ultra Nourishing Shea...
The first on our list is a Bath and Body cult favorite. The Aromatherapy Sleep lotion and body wash combo has been around for many years. Its packaging was recently updated which is probably why some people thought that it was discontinued. Despite the new packing though, the contents are still the same old lotion and body wash combo almost everyone came to love.
This body wash and lotion combo contains lavender and vanilla essential oils – oils which are known for their relaxing and calming properties. This makes them the best sleep aide combo! While the body wash is only slightly scented, you can be sure that your body can still benefit from the therapeutic effects of essential oils because they’re of excellent quality. Coupled with the warmth of your bath water, you will feel calm and rested after you step out of your shower.
What the body wash may lack in scent, the body lotion makes up for in ten folds. Upon slathering the lotion over your skin, you’ll immediately feel the calmness and relaxation you’ve been craving for the entire day. This will allow you to experience a long and restful sleep and you’ll wake up feeling extremely energized and ready to face the day.
Pros and Cons of Aromatherapy Sleep
- Contains high-quality essential oils
- You’ll feel calm almost immediately
- A little goes a long way
- The body wash’s scent is weak.
2. Signature Collection Cucumber Melon Gift Set: The Perfect Summertime Trio
- Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon Trio Set. Body Cream, Shower Gel & Body...
- 1 Body Cream 8 fl oz Infused with luxuriously rich Shea Butter, our New...
- 1 Shower Gel 10 fl oz Wash your way to softer, cleaner skin with a rich,...
Cucumber Melon is one of Bath and Body’s best-selling scents of all time. It has been around since the beginning and continues to be one of the company’s most popular designer lines to this day. If you’re looking for a scent that’s fresh and invokes feelings of summertime, this is the one for you!
This gift set comes with three products from the Cucumber Melon designer line. You get decent sized bottles of the body wash, body lotion, and body cream. If you’ve never tried this scent before, this set is the perfect buy! You’ll get to try the most popular products from this line to see if it works for you before you purchase bigger bottles.
Pros and Cons of Cucumber Melon Gift Set
- You get a little of everything
- Great to give as a gift
- Fantastic fresh and cooling scent
- If you’re not a fan of sweet-smelling scents, this isn’t for you.
3. Aromatherapy Stress Relief 3-Wick Candle: Long Burning – Perfect for Grounding and Calmness
- Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy EUCALYPTUS SPEARMINT Scented Candle 14.5...
- Exclusive blend of vegetable wax and wicks that won't burn out
- Burns approximately 25 - 45 hours and measures 4" wide x 3 1/2" tall
If you’re a big fan of scented candles, you probably already have this is your collection. If not, then you’re missing out on a LOT! This 3-wick candle is perfect for nights when you want to stay in, relax, and meditate.
It is made from an exclusive blend of soy wax, essential oils, and a particular type of wick that doesn’t burn out. This ensures that the wax burns out evenly and consistently. Despite having 3-wicks, you are guaranteed 25-45 burning hours. The scent of this candle is very potent. As such, we don’t recommend it to be used in a small room.
Pros and Cons of Aromatherapy Stress Relief 3-Wick Candle
- Potent scent
- Great for medium to large rooms
- Long burning time
- The scent might be too strong for some people
4. Aromatherapy Stress Relief Body Wash: Eucalyptus + Spearmint – Best for Stress and Anxiety Relief
- Aromatherapy Body Wash Stress Relief - Eucalyptus Spearmint
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil clears the mind to improve concentration....
- Breathe deeply for best results
Unlike the first product we reviewed, this Aromatherapy set is specifically formulated with essential oils meant to alleviate stress and anxiety – without making you sleepy! It works great with keeping the mind refreshed and clear enough that most people use it before they start studying or working on something that requires great concentration.
This body wash contains high-grade eucalyptus and spearmint essential oils. It is an excellent choice if you are looking for a liquid body soap that can help wash away all the stress and anxiety brought about by your daily life. It is safe enough to be used by the whole family! Another plus point for this product is the fact that it can also help alleviate flu symptoms such as congestion, headaches, and coughs.
- A little goes a long way
- Can be used to help alleviate flu symptoms
- Extremely moisturizing and leaves your skin feeling luxurious
- The scent is a bit musky – might be more suitable for men
5. Signature Collection Shower Gel: Japanese Cherry Blossom – An Irresistible Formula
- Bath Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom 10.0 oz shower gel
- Fragnance: An oh-so-fresh blend of Japanese cherry blossoms, crisp pears,...
- Wash your way to softer, cleaner skin with a rich, bubbly lather bursting...
Next on our list is Bath and Body Work’s Japanese Cherry Blossom Shower Gel. There’s a number of reasons why this shower gel is considered one of the best products made by this brand. For one thing, it is very fragrant. Its scent is a mixture of the seductive and mysterious floral scents that can only be found in the gardens of Japan. Next, it produces a luxurious creamy lather that leaves your skin feeling soft and silky after you step out of the shower. Lastly, it is enriched with Shea Butter, Vitamin E, and aloe vera extract. This formulation yields an irresistible formula which allows you to have the ultimate shower experience every single day!
However, it is important to not confuse this with another one of B&W’s body wash variants which is called Cherry Blossom. Another thing to keep in mind is, if you aren’t fond of strong floral scents, steer clear of this product.
- Extremely moisturizing
- Enriched with Shea Butter, Vitamin E, and Aloe Vera extract
- Lovely fragrance
- The scent can be overpowering for some.
6. Country Apple Shower Gel: Great for an Invigorating Shower Experience
- Savor the first bite of a juicy apple in a sun-kissed orchard.
If you’re looking for a shower gel that’s going to transport you to an apple orchard in the summertime, this is the one for you! The scent of this shower gel is probably the freshest, most invigorating aroma you’ll smell inside your bathroom. The best part about the Country Apple Shower Gel is, it doesn’t only smell good, it feels good on the skin too! It is enriched with Shea Butter, Vitamin E, and aloe vera extract – all of which have excellent skin moisturizing properties.
This shower gel is an excellent shower gel to use for your morning bath. You’ll be leaving the bathroom feeling clean, refreshed, and ready to start the day!
- Fresh and light scent
- Moisturizes the skin
- Incredibly invigorating
- It is almost always out of stock
7. French Lavender and Honey Shower Gel: Delightfully Sweet Scent – Perfect for Romance
If you’re fond of the scent of wild flowers in the countryside plus the sweet aroma of honey, you’ll love this shower gel! The scent of the French Lavender and Honey shower gel is a mixture of French Lavender, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Mandarin, White Oak Musk. All those notes are wrapped up with the sweet aroma of wild honey.
This shower gel turns into a luxurious lather that’s not only bursting with fragrance but also leaves your skin feeling so soft and silky; you’d think you were caressing the skin of a baby! This is the perfect shower gel for nights when you want to invoke feelings of mystery, romance, and love.
- Leaves your skin feeling soft and silky
- Romantic, sweet scent
- Keeps your skin feeling moisturized up to 24 hours
The sweet notes on the scent can be too overpowering for some people.
Interesting Facts About Bath and Body Works
Bath and Body Works was founded in a New Albany, Ohio in 1990. The brand itself is owned by the L Brands Corporation – the same company that owns popular lingerie companies such as Victoria’s Secret and Le Senza.
The most notable thing about this brand is, they stay true to their roots despite their international success. Their tagline is “straight from the heartland.” All their stores have a country home theme – wooden floors and wall panels, dainty white display stands, and blue checkered accents. What is a country home without some checkered patterns here and there, right?
Bath and Body Works’ philosophy is to boost their customers’ well-being by turning simple daily rituals into the ultimate pampering experience. This is why they are committed to coming up with bath products which do not only smell good but have therapeutic benefits too!
They are the number 1 brand in the US for skincare products such as body lotions, hand sanitizers, liquid hand soaps, colognes, body mists, and so much more. What’s fascinating about this brand is, they don’t really spend on marketing. So how did they exactly did they become a household name? It’s simple really, they come up with scents which invoke feelings of nostalgia for all of their products.
To date, there are more than 1600 Bath and Body stores in North America and almost 100 flagship stores in various parts of the world like South America, the Middle East, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
Bath and Body Works offers a myriad of beauty and skin care products. Here is a list of their offerings:
- Bath and Shower – this includes body washes, bath fizzies (otherwise known as bath bombs), bubble bath, body scrubs, hair care products like shampoo, conditioner, hair masks, serums, and other bath accessories like sponges, back brushes, and head wraps.
- Moisturizers – this list is comprised of lotions, body creams, body and massage oils, hand creams, foot creams, foot scrubs, face care – like cream masks, sheet masks, serums and face moisturizers – lip gloss, and scrubs.
- Fragrance – Bath and body works are known all over the world for their body mists and colognes. They have a wide selection of scents you can choose from. Over the years, they decided to develop their body mists into perfumes to meet their customers’ demand for a more potent version of their favorite mist.
- Handsoaps and hand sanitizers – their PocketBacs are extremely popular.
- Home items – candles, aromatherapy candles for your bathroom, oils, and air fresheners.
- Gift Sets – they have gift sets for body care and the home.
The Most Popular Bath and Body Works Scents
Bath and Body Works offers a long list of scents – think 140 scents! Instead of listing them all down here, we decided to stick to the most popular aromas in their offerings.
Top 10 Most Popular Bath and Body Works Scents (in no particular order)
- Warm Vanilla Sugar – who could ever say no to the warm smell of vanilla? It is a sweet smelling scent that always invokes childhood memories of delicious goodies coming out of the oven.
- Sweet Pea – there are no words to explain what Sweet Pea smells like. But this is one of the scents that launched Bath and Body Works into stardom! If you haven’t already tried it, you should!
- Cucumber Melon – light, refreshing, and perfect for summer.
- Japanese Cherry Blossom – the aroma of this variant is a mixture of luxury and delicate floral notes. If you want to wear something that people will remember you by when they get a whiff of the scent, this is the one for you! The Japanese Cherry Blossom line has sold more than 30 million units of lotion, body wash, body, cream, and body mists since it was released in 2006.
- Juniper Breeze – the smell of juniper berries and evergreens rolled into one. It is great to wear during the summertime.
- Mango Mandarin – meant for a younger crowd, Mango Mandarin is perfect for tweens and teens.
- Plumeria – this is one of the B&BW’s best-selling scents. It has a light and floral scent.
- Twilight Woods – this scent is perfect for nighttime use. It has notes of warm vanilla and light musk.
- Freesia – this is a delightfully light floral scent. Perfect for daily use.
- Country Apple – this is one of the most popular B&BW scents of all time. It is a light smelling fresh scent that will transport you to an apple orchard during harvest season.
Bath and Body Works Products in a Nutshell
In an age where we’re all about using organic products, are Bath and Body products still worth buying? Yes, they definitely are! Remember, the company’s philosophy is improving the daily lives of their customers by turning mundane daily tasks into an experience that enhances the overall well-being.
They use quality materials, maintain high standards in the production of their products, and their entire product line is cruelty-free. Another plus point, of course, is the fact that all of their products smell fantastic!
If you’ve never tried Bath and Body Works products before, it’s time to start now!